There’s no shortage of potential beach activities here along sunny South Carolina’s Atlantic coast. Myrtle Beach is home to some of the cleanest, softest sand on the East Coast, which is why thousands of families, couples, and groups flock to our oceanfront community during the warm summer months. And luckily for you, Ocean Annie’s Resorts is steps from the liveliest stretch of beach in town and one of the best beach bars in Myrtle Beach (and far beyond).
10 Summertime Beach Activities in Myrtle Beach
When you’re not putting for birdie, enjoying complimentary waterpark access, and dining at one of our on-site restaurants, we recommend strolling down to the Myrtle Beach’s sandy shores for a full day of beach activities, ranging from sandcastle building to beachcombing.
- Fly a kite – After a quick stop at Klig’s Kites in North Myrtle Beach and a quick look at the day’s forecast, head down to the beach for some prime kiteflying. We experience refreshing, low-to-medium wind gusts on an average summer day, which is ideal for kite flying.
- Beachcombing – While we cannot guarantee that you’ll discover a treasure trove of shells within feet of Ocean Annie’s, one of the best beach bars in Myrtle Beach, the art of beachcombing is equally relaxing and educational. Remember to look for shells when the tide is low, during a full moon, or after a heavy storm. Guests have found moon snails, oyster shells, augers, whelks, and many more beauties over the years.
- Photography – Whether you’re hoping to capture a glorious Atlantic Ocean sunrise or playful shots of your ecstatic children, picturesque Myrtle Beach is the best spot in town to snap photos.
- Beach yoga – Start the morning with some much-needed beach yoga or meditation this summer. It’s hard to top the jaw-dropping, serene beauty of an Atlantic Ocean sunrise.
- Jogging – Yes, jogging in the sand is challenging, but it’s an excellent workout for several underutilized muscles. And you cannot beat those ocean views!
- Picnic – We have several on-site restaurants, but if you’d rather enjoy a peaceful picnic on the beach, we cannot blame you!
- Frisbee – Frisbee is naturally one of the most popular beach activities, especially in front of our two top-rated Myrtle Beach hotels. It’s also the perfect way to meet new friends!
- Build a sandcastle – Whether you’re hoping to shape a masterpiece or build a makeshift sand fort with your kids, building a sandcastle is easy, creative, and fun.
- Read a book – Reading a novel, especially a gripping thriller, under the golden sunlight with the soothing sounds of lapping waves in your ear brings so much joy to thousands of travelers each summer. Oprah Magazine’s top summer beach reads is worth a look.
- Sip on a cocktail – Technically, Ocean Annie’s Beach Bar rests in the sand. Sink your toes into the sand, sip on a signature cocktail, and enjoy the awe-inspiring ocean views!
Best Beach Bars in Myrtle Beach
Ocean Annie’s remains one of the best bars in Myrtle Beach thanks to our signature cocktails, friendly service, live music, and Atlantic Ocean views. Guests can also enjoy free access to Wild Water & Wheels, a wide variety of Myrtle Beach watersports, and rousing family-friendly attractions during their one-of-a-kind stay along South Carolina’s beautiful coast. To book a well-deserved family getaway to Ocean Annie’s Resorts, please give us a call today at 1-888-999-8081, or visit us online.