Twelve months a year, families from across the East Coast flock to sunny Myrtle Beach to unwind, bond, and laugh through a wide variety of activities, such as swimming, splashing, and sunbathing. But there’s so much more to do in our oceanside city than relaxing and playing at the beach. During all hours of the day, dozens of top-rated Myrtle beach attractions allure families of ages to leave South Carolina’s pristine, sandy shores. Whether your children enjoy gigantic Ferris wheels, colorful aquariums, live theater, or dazzling shopping centers, there aren’t enough hours in the day to visit all of the best Myrtle Beach attractions.
The Top 5 Myrtle Beach Attractions
To ensure that your midsummer escape to Myrtle Beach is nothing short of flawless, the folks here at Ocean Annie’s Resorts have compiled a nifty list of our favorite nearby attractions, ranging from a minor league baseball team to alligator adventures.
- Broadway at the Beach – Broadway at the Beach is not only one of the five-best Myrtle Beach attractions, but only a handful of tourist destinations in the world can rival this jaw-dropping complex. This dining, entertainment, and shopping center features 350 acres of seemingly never-ending fun! Some of our favorite highlights include the Hollywood Wax Museum, Ripley’s Aquarium, Myrtle Beach Pelicans, and WonderWorks.
- SkyWheel – At nearly 200 feet tall, Myrtle Beach’s SkyWheel is one of the largest Ferris wheels in North America. Hop aboard, relax, and obtain a bird’s-eye view of the sweeping Grand Strand and the vast Atlantic Ocean.
- Medieval Times – There’s just something invigorating about watching well-orchestrated, live sword fights, dining on roasted chicken, sipping on a tall flagon of ale, and cheering on your guild. Medieval Times remains one of our favorite Myrtle Beach attractions for guests of all ages!
- Barefoot Landing – While North Myrtle Beach’s Barefoot Landing isn’t quite as magical or expansive as Broadway at the Beach, there’s no denying the allure of this electrifying, kid-friendly entertainment complex. Barefoot Landing is home to several of the best-reviewed Myrtle Beach attractions, including Duplin Winery, Alligator Adventure, and Alabama Theatre.
- Wild Water & Wheels – Not only is Ocean Annie’s Resort home to one of the best beach bars in Myrtle Beach, but we provide guests will complimentary passes to Wild Water & Wheels! This exciting water park is perfect on a warmer-than-usual summer afternoon – blaze down a variety of slides, float in the wave pool, get behind the wheel of a go-cart, and get a hole-in-one at their 18-hole mini golf course.
Top-Rated Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Hotels
Ocean Annie’s Resorts (Sands Ocean Club and Sands Beach Club) are both within minutes of these five top attractions in Myrtle Beach. Both of our oceanfront resorts provide guests with easy access to a pristine, quiet beach, multiple swimming pools, free tickets to Wild Water & Wheels, on-site restaurants, and, of course, oceanside cocktails at Ocean Annie’s Beach Bar. To book a well-deserved beach escape to South Carolina’s gorgeous Atlantic coastline, give us a call today at 1-888-999-8081.