Cocktails are always in season! Even though Annie’s is closed for a bit during the colder season, we thought we’d join in on the holiday celebrating and share a few drink recipes. For the ladies, we picked this festive and refreshing concoction and it sounds yum. Here is the recipe we found on Pinterest by Jillian Leslie;
Winter Sea Breeze Holiday Cocktail
- 1 oz vodka (1/8 cup)
- 1 oz grapefruit juice (1/8 cup)
- 1/2 oz tonic syrup (2 tablespoons)
- 2 oz soda water (1/4 cup)
- 12 pomegranate seeds
- 3 mint leaves (for garnish) Fill your glass about 3/4 full with ice. A lowball glass is the perfect size. Add the vodka, grapefruit juice, tonic syrup and stir. Pour in the soda water and garnish with the pomegranate seeds and mint leaves.
AND….. of course for the gentleman, you can’t go wrong with your favorite ‘go to brew’, but we think you should step out of your comfor zone. Shuffle back to the days of an ‘old fashioned Christmas,” or better yet, combine the two!
Spice Chocolate Stout Beer Cocktail
– 2 tbsp very good Brandy
– 2 tbsp spicy simple syrup
– 1 chocolate stout
– 1 cinnamon stick
It all comes together to form the beer-lover’s new favorite cocktail.
Photo by Hector Sanchez
It’s not an Ocean Annie’s Tea or a Carolina Cosmo on the deck. Changing it up every now and then is cool. We hope you will give these holiday cocktail recipes a try. And if you have a favorite to share, comment below or on our Facebook Page – we’ll post ’em!